Your Data, Privacy & Law
How Park Medical uses your Medical Records
Important Information for Patients
The use and sharing of personal information forms an essential part of the provision
of health and care, benefiting individual patients, often necessary for the effective
functioning of health and social services and sometimes necessary in the public
interest. Nevertheless your doctor has a strong legal and ethical duty to protect
patient information and all information you share with your doctor is kept
- This practice is committed to observing the laws on data protection and confidentiality
concerning your medical record and all uses and sharing of your information.
We share information about you with health professionals who are involved in
providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and, normally,
event by event.
- Some of your health information (including your name, address, allergies and
medications) is automatically copied to the Northern Ireland Electronic Care Record.
Some information about you is shared with national screening campaigns such as Flu
and Diabetes eye screening.
- Information about you in non-identifiable form is used to manage the NHS and make
- Information about you in non-identifiable form is used to check the quality of care
provided by the NHS.
- Information about you in non-identifiable form may be used for medical research.
Where identifiable information may be required we will first seek you consent.
- We will share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are
inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
Please click on the links below for more detailed information on our privacy notices.
Park Medical NI GP Privacy Notice Safeguarding.doc
Park Medical NI Privacy Notice Emergencies.doc
Park Medical NI privacy notice Emergency Care Summary.doc
Park Medical NI Privacy Notice for GP Payments.doc
Park Medical NI Privacy Notice for National Screening.doc
Park Medical NI Privacy Notice Public Health.doc
Park Medical Privacy-notice-1 Direct Medical Care.docx